Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Skiing & Snowboarding
Kicking Horse offers incredible verticals, deep ‘champagne’ powder and a truly spectacular and unique terrain mix. The fourth highest vertical drop in North America, the raw ruggedness of our mountain, the amazing always-fresh powder, and the sheer beauty of the pristine scenery set Kicking Horse apart as one of the most exceptional ski resorts in British Columbia.
- Golden Eagle Express Gondola: 8-Passenger Omega III Gondola cabin - length 3,413 metres (11, 266 feet) - Ride Time 12 minutes
- Catamount - 4-Passenger fixed grip chairlift
- Stairway to Heaven - 4-passenger fixed grip quad
- Pioneer - 2-Passenger fixed grip chairlift
- Pony Express surface lift
- 1,260 metres (4,133 feet)
- Top of Kicking Horse: 2,450 metres (8,033 feet)
- Mid-Mountain: 1,722 metres (5,646 feet)
- Bottom of the lowest chair: 1,190 metres (3,900 feet)
- Beginner: 20%
- Intermediate: 20%
- Advanced: 45%
- Expert: 15%
The trailhead is located on Palliser Trail across from the entrance to Parking Lot # 1 offers 2km and 4km loop trails that are ideal for any ability.
Located behind the Catamount Chair Lift just up the mountain from Mountaineer Lodge, the Village Rink is open for skaters of all abilities during the ski season. Skate rentals are available onsite. One night a week is designated for hockey!
Located beside the Catamount Chairlift, tickets can be purchased at Resort Guest Services inside the Day Lodge.
Lessons, Guiding & Ski School
Visit the Ski School Booking & Information Desk located inside the Day Lodge. Programs range from free one hour orientation tours to private guides who show guests all the best techniques and powder stashes. Children’s ski programs are also available for all ages and abilities with lodge pick-ups available. Call 250.439.5467 for information.